Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's Broken!

Well, an application that I campaigned for has gone down. It's been down for days now and there's nothing I can do but wait for the vendor's tech support to call me back. The application was installed by a professional installer, the server is dedicated, and I've done nothing that should have had even the remotest chance of causing instability in the application, but I can't help but feel responsible. I've pushed this application, which has been extremely stable until now, into the limelight and made it a central part of how we do business. Everyone's working around it as best they can, but it is certainly costing us.

In the middle of all of this is the waiting. I pity anyone who comes to me with a trivial problem, or who badgers me, or whines at me. I will rip them to shreds at this point because I'm on edge. I have far more important things to worry about than taking care of these people:

"My printer won't print, and the nearest network printer is 10 feet away!"
"My home computer has spyware."
"My computer's sound quality isn't as good as my iPod's."

Oh, let them come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home